The JW Player team is looking for an accomplished mobile software engineer to join our rapidly growing New York City office. Our ideal candidate will have recent commercial experience developing native Android and iOS applications, as well as applications optimized for the mobile web. You will use your mobile development experience to enhance the JW Player for Android SDK, and to build out a matching iOS SDK to simplify the process of releasing video apps to mobile platforms.
JW Player is a global market leader and well-known brand in online video. Thousands of publishers will leverage your work, powering video playback for millions of viewers every month. We are a known driver of innovation in the online video space, allowing you to explore new technologies like Cast/Airplay, HLS/DASH, HTML5/CSS3 and cross-platform frameworks.
· Work as part of a scrum team in an agile environment
· Build and maintain JW Player Mobile SDKs
· Develop commercial features from the Product Backlog
· Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of features within the Player
* Smart and motivated, with a proven track record of getting things done
* Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science
* Android / iOS Mobile app development experience
* Experience building automated unit and integration tests (Selenium a plus)
* Agile/Scrum (or similar)