LongTail Video is looking for a Front End Web Developer with an eye for good design to join our rapidly growing New York City team. You will be the primary front-end developer in Marketing, helping to create our website, support site, e-mail marketing materials, and web-based applications.
The online video space is one of the fastest growing areas in tech. When you join LongTail Video your designs will reach over 4 million unique viewers per month! Our audience ranges from individual bloggers to small businesses to enterprise corporations.
At LongTail Video, our ownership culture will empower you to take complete responsibility over your projects. We have a dynamic and diverse team that works hard and has fun!
In This Role You Will:
• Play a vital role in the design of our website, support site, e-mail marketing materials, web/mobile applications, and manage weekly site updates.
• Work directly with the lead designer and the marketing team to define application concepts and development limitations, as well as make sure user interactions and visual design ideas are faithfully interpreted.
• Employ the latest technologies with care for backward compatibility. Develop with clean, cross-browser compatible code for optimal performance and smooth user experience.
• Ensure brand and design standards are met on every project.
• Cross device/browser test your design implementations.
• Experience with Wordpress
• Extensive web standards expertise and a deep understanding of cross-browser limitations. Must be up to date with industry standards and be following HTML5 and CSS3 advancements.
• Experience with responsive design and mobile friendly implementations.
• Experience developing email marketing.
• Knowledge of UI design including typography, color and layout.
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Highly detail-oriented, producing pixel perfect implementations.
• Stellar front-end development portfolio
• Experience building templates and working with dynamic content.
• Familiar with CSS frameworks.
In your application, please send a direct link to your online portfolio. No applications will be reviewed without a portfolio.
|Experience:||2 - 4 Years Experience